Tess Zhao Bio
- Tess Zhao is the founder of HNW Academy (TessZhao.com, an e-learning platform about developing High Net Worth Clients) and owner of DelicateRevolt. com, an entrepreneur’s diary of the transition from corporate office to entrepreneurship.
- Formerly Head of global business development for Harry Winston Diamonds, Tess is a former TV reporter, media spokesperson for Jaguar Cars in China, and business executive at Amazon Fashion.
- Tess spoke to 1.2 billion audiences as a journalist and interviewed Chief of WTO, World Bank and Fortune 500 companies.
- Tess is an expert on selling to high net worth clients. While at Harry Winston Diamond, Tess developed clients from Beijing billionaire in London, yacht owners in Monaco, Singapore high rollers in Las Vegas to royal clients in Dubai.
- Tess has traveled to 28 countries in 5 continents on business travel. Tess hits the ground running speaking to media, negotiating million-dollar transactions and hosting client cocktails after overnight flights.
- Tess has spoken in 4 continents including Australia, UK, US and Asia. Tess was featured on Rudy Maxa’s World with The Careys, America’s #1 Travel Radio Show.
- When in vacation mode, Tess hops on flights to dive into hot springs in Japan, night markets in Taipei and ranches in Argentina.
- Tess speaks English, Mandarin, and Shanghainese.
1. Business Travel: Stands Out with Energy, Efficiency, and Style
What should you do when you are going to sit next to the new VP on the plane? How to survive sitting next to babies? How to look stylish with only a carry on and still impress a client when jet-lagged?
Business travel is as exhausting as exciting. People in the client facing roles must also stay polished and sharp to handle client negotiation during jet lag.
Using hilarious personal stories, Tess show you strategies to achieve energy, efficiency, and style on business travels, how one day of travel can make or break a year in the office.
Tess has traveled to 28 countries in 5 continents on business travel. She hits the ground running speaking to media, negotiating million-dollar transactions, and hosting client cocktails after overnight flights.
Tess has spoken in 4 continents including London, Brisbane, New York, and Chicago. Featured on Rudy Maxa’s World with The Careys, America’s #1 Travel Radio Show.
2. How to Persuade Investors & High Net Worth Individuals?
How to persuade high net worth clients? How to convince investors, and how to confidently ask for the million-dollar price? What do you say when Chinese millionaire negotiates aggressively?
Selling to high net worth clients is nerve-racking and intimidating. Negotiating with Chinese billionaires and those from foreign cultures adds more risk to the stake.
Formerly Head of Global Business Development at Harry Winston Diamond, Tess is an expert on selling to high net worth clients, negotiating and closing deals with Beijing billionaire in London, yacht owners in Monaco, Singapore high rollers in Las Vegas. Brazilian billionaires in Bal Harbor to royal clients in Dubai.
Nicknamed as “The Secret Weapon”, Tess travel to Harry Winston’s store worldwide and coach sales executives on selling to clients from emerging market countries including China.
Using real examples, Tess teaches you strategies to find high net worth clients, negotiate with them and close sales. Tess also teaches strategy to find and close sales with Chinese high net worth clients.
Tess realized her high net worth sales talent after bringing 30 CEO into Harry Winston’s New York flagship store and closed $780,000 in sales in one evening. She was only hired three months ago as an MBA newbie to make cool presentations for the CEO.
3. How I became a Delicate Revolt?
“I’m not tough, I’m not a risk taker nor can I get up at 4 am, can I still be an entrepreneur?”
At a new hire orientation, for the first time Tess starts to realize, that in this world, especially in the workplace, when a delicate girl wishes to become strong, it shocks people. Tess realized the contrast between what people see in her appearance and what she really is.
In this speech, Tess shares how she realized the formula of true strength: True life-changing moments lie in only 20% of the time or less. As long as you have the energy to take action and make important choices in those moments, you are strong.
This speech is a revolt against those who judge us based on our appearance, who think delicate is the opposite of strong or equals fragile, who give uninvited comments about our delicate nature.
4. No Joy No Gain: The Road from Corporate Office to Your Own Office
Entrepreneurship is not only for 20-somethings out of college. Tess guides aspiring mid-career entrepreneurs to make a successful transition to independent life and profit from their passion.
“Why do I feel miserable in my glamorous job?”, “What would it be like if I take the leap?”, “Does being a good student and a rising employee make me a good entrepreneur?”,
Tess shares her journey from corporate office rising star to being her own boss. A 3-month sabbatical leave from a tech giant led Tess to realize that the ‘no pain, no gain’ messages she heard all her life were holding her back.
Key message: the biggest financial and spiritual gains come from joy, not pain or fear. You are on the fastest path to success when you look inside and do what brings joy.
- June 10, 2018: Frequent Traveler University, New York. US
- May 14, 2018: Frequent Traveler University, London, UK
- April 4, 2018: Frequent Traveler University, Brisbane, Australia
- Nov 18, 2017: Frequent Traveler University, Chicago, US
EMAIL: DelicateRevolt -at- gmail.com