Supposedly, it’s said that behind every successful man, there is a strong woman. I will say that behind every woman who hustles, there must be a gang of hustlers.
Today’s episode is about one of these. Helen is a Harvard MBA and a graduate of Tsing Hua University.
After a short period in investment banking, she transitioned to finance restructure consulting. Smart and a woman of action, in short: my cup of tea.
Yet under any glamorous surface, there are always dark moments. Behind our seemingly glamorous resumes, are often anxieties and disappointments that we only confide with each other. Even the most goal-driven person often have no clue what the heck she’s doing.
That’s why today I share our conversation with you.
(It’s in Mandarin though, sorry guys:) If you could help transcribe it to English, that will be tremendously appreciated!)
- What do we think is the reason why we are admitted by Harvard business school, Columbia business school?
- What did we learn in business schools?
- How we turn procrastination into action?
- What do we think of and deal with anxiety?
- The different motivations between American entrepreneurs and Chinese entrepreneurs
- Our first impression of each other
- Thoughts on working in investment banking, consulting, and luxury goods industry
- How I entered the luxury goods industry?
- What motivated me to start my own business?
- What’s my current business and why
- How to balance family, life and constant hustling
I am deeply grateful for meeting great friends like Helen over these years. While being with them, I learned something tremendously important:
Only when we learn to appreciate the others, we learn to truly appreciate ourselves.
I hope our conversation gives you a boost in confidence in whatever you’re doing.
Because you are meant for more than that, so let’s make it happen!